Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms of Supply will apply to the sale of such goods.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.becopets.com is a site operated by Beco Pets, a limited company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Unit 4 Bellingham Trading Estate, Franthorne Way, London, SE6 3BX.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any breach of this provision to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you and our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please write to us at Beco Pets, Unit 4 Bellingham Trading Estate, Franthorne Way, London, SE6 3BX, or by email to email@example.com Thank you for visiting our site.
TERMS OF SUPPLY
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND CONTACTING US
- We operate the website www.becopets.com. We are Beco Pets, a limited company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Unit 4 Bellingham Trading Estate, Franthorne Way, London, SE6 3BX.
- Contacting us: to cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 7, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 020 8673 0943 or by post to Unit 4 Bellingham Trading Estate, Franthorne Way, London, SE6 3BX. . If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 020 8673 0943 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- If we have to contact you: if we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
- The images of the Goods on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Your Goods and any packaging may vary from that shown in images on our site.
HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process. If you wish to submit an order by telephone, please speak to a member of our customer services team on 020 9673 0943, who will take your order and will confirm you are happy with it before your order is finalised.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 3.3.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Goods have been dispatched (“Dispatch Confirmation”). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with any Goods, for example because such Goods are not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Goods, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the bottom of this page to see when these Terms were last updated. Every time you order Goods from us (whether on our site or by telephone), the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us. Any amendments we make to these Terms will not affect any order you have already submitted unless we are required to revise these Terms to reflect any changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
If we do have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at your cost) any Goods you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in clause 5.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep the Goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of Goods that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly or any Goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out below:
- If your Contract is for a single item (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days), the end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Goods.
- If your Contract is for either one item (which is delivered in instalments on separate days) or multiple items (which are delivered on separate days), the end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Goods or the last of the separate Goods ordered.
- No goods may be returned to Beco Pets without Beco Pets’ prior written permission. Beco Pets reserves the right to decline all returns or to accept them subject to a handling/restocking charge. Even after Beco Pets has authorized the return of goods for credit, Beco Pets reserves the right to adjust the amount of any credit given to Purchaser on return of the goods based on the conditions of the goods on arrival in Beco Pets’ warehouse. Credit for returned goods will be issued to Purchaser only where such goods are returned by Purchaser and not by any subsequent owner of the goods. Goods will be considered for return only if they are in their original condition and packaging.
- If you cancel your Contract we will:
- refund the price you paid for the Goods. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (such as by opening any sealed food containers). If we refund the price paid before we are able to inspect the Goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- refund any delivery costs you have paid.
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the following deadlines:
- within the following deadlines: (i) if you have received the Goods: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Goods back to us; or
- if you have not received the Goods: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
- If you have returned the Goods to us under this clause 5 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will make any refund to the credit card or debit card or PayPal account used by you to pay.
- If Goods have been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- Then, unless we otherwise notify you, you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You should send it back to us at Unit 4 Bellingham Trading Estate, Franthorne Way, London, SE6 3BX.
- unless the Goods are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 5.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us.
- Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 5 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- We only supply the Goods for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Goods for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity or any other business losses.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession, description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective Goods under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications or transport networks.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Goods to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Goods you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you if this happens. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms, any Contract for the purchase of Goods and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Q: How much is shipping?
UK Shipping is free for any order over £28. If your order is under, standard delivery costs £5.95 unless we are running a promotion that says otherwise. If you order something small and we can send it via Royal Mail, shipping drops to £3.50.
Q: How long will my order take to arrive?
We will aim to have your order with you within 1 - 3 working days. If you order before midday, it helps us get your Beco products to you that bit quicker.
Q: Where do you deliver?
We deliver to UK postcodes where VAT applies. If you live on a UK island, it could take up to 5 working days for your Beco goods to arrive.
Q: Which carrier do you use?
We use Inexpress as our main courier and Royal Mail for smaller items. They will do all they can to deliver your order the next working day from dispatch although they cannot 100% guarantee this. If you have any questions you can always give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
Delivery schedules are approximate and are based on prevailing market conditions applicable respectively at the time of Beco Pets’ quotation and Beco Pets’ acceptance of Purchaser’s order. Delivery shall also depend on the prompt receipt by Beco Pets of the necessary information to allow maintenance of the UK packing schedules.
Standard delivery will take on average 1-3 working days.
If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we (or our carrier) will leave you a note that we (or our carrier) has attempted to make delivery of the Goods. You should follow the instructions of the note to re-arrange delivery.
Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we (or our carrier) deliver the Goods to the address you gave us and the Goods will be your responsibility from that time. You own the Goods once delivery has been completed or (if later) once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
Except for obligations stated under “Warranty” herein, Beco Pets’ responsibility for goods ceases upon delivery to the carrier. In the event of loss or damage during shipment, Purchaser’s claim shall be against the carrier only. Beco Pets will, however, give Purchaser any reasonable assistance to secure adjustment of Purchaser’s claim against the carrier provided immediate notice of such claim is given by Purchaser to Beco Pets. Claims for shortages must be made in writing within ten (10) days after receipt of goods by Purchaser. If Beco Pets does not receive written notification of such shortages within such ten (10) days, it shall be conclusively presumed that the goods were delivered in their entirety.
PRICE OF GOODS, DELIVERY CHARGES AND PAYMENT
All quoted prices are based on the current exchange rates, tariffs and costs of manufacture. Unless otherwise stated in the quotation, quoted prices are subject to change by Beco Pets with or without notice until Purchaser’s acceptance. Prices are subject to correction for error. Customary methods of transportation shall be selected by Beco Pets and such transportation will be at Purchaser’s expense.
Special methods of transportation will be used upon Purchaser’s request and at Purchaser’s additional expense provided reasonable notice of Purchaser’s transportation requirements are given by Purchaser to Beco Pets prior to shipment.
Prices for our Goods may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
Prices do not include Goods & Services Tax, Provincial or Municipal sales, use, value-added or similar tax. Accordingly, in addition to the price specified herein, the amount of any present or future sales, use, value-added or similar tax applicable to the sale of the goods hereunder to or the use of such goods by Purchaser shall be paid by Purchaser to the entire exoneration of Beco Pets.
The price of the Goods does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the online check-out process or by our customer service team if you submit an order by telephone, before you confirm your order.
Unless otherwise stated, invoices on “open account” shipment are payable within thirty (30) days of invoice date after the first 3 orders. Unless specifically provided, no cash discount shall be available to Purchaser. When cash discount is offered, the discount price is computed from the date of invoice. Beco Pets does not offer cash discount on C.O.D. shipments. Should payment not be made to Beco Pets when due, Beco Pets reserves the right to refuse all future orders until payment is complete.
Q: What’s your return policy?
We are happy to accept returns purchased directly from us that have not matched your expectations or appear to be faulty. You can redeem your natural rubber guarantee directly too.
Q: What do I need to do to return a faulty product?
We ask you to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with pictures of the damaged product and one of our friendly team will be able to help.
Q: I bought my product from a shop. Can I return to you?
Unless it has the natural rubber guarantee, we ask you to take it back to the shop where you bought it where they will be able to help. They will contact us directly.
Q: I want a redeem the natural rubber lifetime guarantee.
Please email one of our team at email@example.com with the photos of the damaged product and details of purchase. We will arrange for a replacement to be sent if you live in the UK. Alternatively, if international, please return to the store where you purchased it.